Want to know Malaysia, travel abroad, and at the end you will come back and love Malaysia. For some people, if they still think Malaysia is no good, well you are skunk.
Old post taken from Siao Kent Sing’s facebook wall….
see if our government terrible enough and deserves to be replaced?
I use to be one of the people that condemn the Government for “unfair” treatment being a Chinese. Let’s face the fact, we always felt that we are probably the eight class counting from the top e.g. UmnoPutra, MCAPutra, MICPutra, MalayPutra, BumiPutra etc… but as I dwell down trying to understand the situation in our country, it is not as bad as I thought.
Well, one thing for sure, if you have seen some of my photos, you would have guess that I travel quite a lot… especially to neighboring countries and this I must say thank to Tony Everyone Can Fly theme. As I travel further and more countries, I tend to realize how fortunate that my ancestor decided to land in Malaya and not other country.
As a Chinese, obviously I will be concern of Chinese welfare but when I compare the Chinese in Malaysia with others in this region, I truly could smile with what I had. Some of the observation that I had encountered over and over when I was abroad…
1. Name me one country in this region that has more Chinese school. Whoa… whenever I brought this up, my Chinese friends always will taruk me… “Wei… we build the school using private money lah. Government where got help?” Excuse me… I believe Government does have some allocation to the Chinese School but that is beside the point. The point here is that our Government deserves to be given credit to allow the Chinese to build Chinese school here. Are you telling me that the Chinese in Indonesia, Vietnam and Philippines are poorer than us? Think again. Being well to do and able to donate money to build school does not automatically qualify you to get permit to build. Try do that in Middle East? See… sometimes we tend to forget the most fundamental requirements.
2. Name me a country in this region that has more Chinese movies or drama shown on local TV. I still remember during my younger days, the only series that is available are 4 sekawan. Nowadays, the housewife is even entertain while doing their cooking. I still remember watching the Pao Ching Tian (Justice Pao) in Thailand and they talk in Thai… damn… I catch no ball. Did our Government force the Chinese to watch Justice Pao in Bahasa?
3. When I was in Indonesia, I saw a very sad sight. People putting tikar on the lawn in front of the hospital while waiting for their turn to consult with the doctor. And I am saying without shed… right under the burning sun. Try do that when you are not feeling well. Here? Aircond and fan. Oh… I need to mention this as well. Some of you may be aware that my mother-in-law was involved in a hot-and-run accident. Well… she recovered and guess what? Being a Malaysian Citizen, her bill from the General Hospital is only RM250. And the “fare” for the ambulance to bring her back from Seremban GH to Port Dickson only RM23.00. Bear in mind, she is still too weak to walk. Why don’t you people check how much to pay when you need to see a doctor in Indonesia, Vietnam etc. And my sister-in-law is a Vietnamese and she say if you do not give “Ang Pow” to the nurse or doctor there…. Then prepare to wait till the cow comes home for the treatment.
4. When I was in Philippines, in Makati district, when I was walking from the hotel to look for dinner, 2 young girls (Based on their feature, I would say they are either 14 or 15 years old. Could be younger) approached me and say this “Sir… sir… you want blow job? We give good blow job.” For those that do not know what is blow job… please write to Soi Lek and he can give you a crash course on this.
5. OK… how about Singapore. Well, when I retire, I want to stay retire. I do not want to end up in McD or serving the popular Singapore Hainanese Chicken Rice. Hell… if retiring in Singapore is so good, then our Johor friends will not have to worry about the hike in their housing. How to compete… just cross the bridge they are twice richer than us and can buy any property there for their retirement.
There are many more examples but you will need to experience that yourself. You will need to have the first hand experience in most of the things that we complaint here e.g. Education, Medical, Housing, Fuel etc etc. Thereafter, give that some deep thought. Afterall…. Everyone can fly nowadays. Haha.